Sunday 16 January 2011

The week's running - late!

Late seems to be my theme for the week! I normally get this blog published by end Friday - but I was tardy - and then the GPS had one of it's "I know I'm fully charged, but I'm going to crash now until you fully charge me again" moments!
I was also horribly late for Tuesday's new Beginners group - and am very grateful to Kelly and Jess for leading the stretching session for the Improvers.

Anyway, we ran 138km this week so are nearly at Dover - virtually! Advanced group took us onto the M25 & as far as the Gatwick turn off. The Monday Improvers got us close to Sevenoaks (home town of Eastleigh WRN-er Anne R) at Ightham, Tuesday Improvers past Ashford to Folkestone Racecourse. And the new Beginners got us to the top of the white cliffs of Dover at Capel-le-Fearne - where Eastleigh WRN-er Helen C did some fine seaside running earlier this year.
I need to know if you fancy the ferry or the tunnel.....

Mon 7pm - 5.9km in 41:35, 474 calories, 6 of us ran 35:46km
Mon 8pm - 5.6km in 43:47, 409 calories, 5 of us ran 28.05km
Tue 7pm - a run of 2 parts! Sarah F has recorded 5.8km on her iPhone (thanks Sarah!), I looped back a bit more and recorded 6.08km and the speedier runners looped back much more than I did! So I figure it's a group average of 6.08km in 46mins, 432 calories. Total of 60.8km for the 10 of us.
Tue 8pm - 3.4km in 34:00, 185 calories, 4 of us ran 13.6km.

Beginners Programme
Beginners next week is a 33 minute session with 3 walk breaks - at 8mins, 17mins and 26mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment