Friday 17 June 2011

Runs on 13th and 14th June

We didn't quite make it to Istanbul, but we are so close! I underestimated the length of the European bit of Turkey...

I'm impressed with Clare L and Helen - both went running in the rain this week. The only reasons I dislike doing so is that my specs stream up and it renders off road routes too slippery to make my group run risk assessment.

I was also very grateful to the 7pm Monday group for taking the initiative to split us into 2 groups with 2 routes.

Parking
The Tuesday run in particular has been hit by a lack of parking - it's the changeover between yoga & aerobics classes combined with other events. Try to arrive in plenty of time, car share, cycle, walk - but I'm sure that all of you do who can! I'm going to stop bringing my car until I do another beginners' programme, but will still be able to accommodate a few car keys in my pack. The alternative parking spot I suggest is here. You'll recognise it as the bit of road in between the Anglers Inn and Glebe Meadow - it's about 2 minutes walk to the Hub from here & I can walk with you back to your car at the end of the session.
Fun fun fun.

Anyway, last week's runs:
Mon 7pm 4.38km/5.83km in 35:49/?? 284/?? calories
Mon 8pm 5.83km in 48:26 389 calories
Tue 7pm 6.18km in 45:51 466 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment