Saturday 11 December 2010

Last week's run & pants

Yes, that's singular! 5 of us braved the icy pavements on Tuesday - well done to Camille, Caroline, Christina and Jayne for enduring a very cold run.

A bit more disruption this week I'm afraid - I have my office party on Tuesday so will not be running, but bouncing around a dance floor for my exercise fix instead. Monday's runs will go ahead as per usual - so if you are a recently graduated beginner, do feel free to come along at 8pm on Monday.

Tues 7pm 5km/6.8km in about 45 mins, about 320 calories (wild guesstimates due to GPS user error - I forgot to hit "start" & only noticed at the halfway point).

More bravery was exhibited on Saturday - Jayne, Louise, Pauline & me did parkrun at 9am. The lake bit was too icy again, so we did 12 circuits of "the bowl" - a former gravel pit that looks a bit amphitheatre-ish. Slippery wet grass made for a challenging run - so chuffed that we all finished.
It was still cold, so I trialled a recent purchase - don't worry, pictures of my pants will not be a regular feature of these blogs - but I thought that the woolly wonderfulness of these should be shown to a wide audience. Backside was warmer than usual - fit for purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment