Friday 6 May 2011

Another holiday - and last week's runs

No runs with me on the 9th or 10th May - I'm off on holiday - again! I've got nothing to clash with running though booked so hopefully, no more disruption for a while.

Beginners' Graduation
The big news this week was the graduation of the Beginners. Nicolette, Sue, Denise, Eve, Gillian, Joanne, Sue and Kristine all ran for 30 minutes without a walking break - and I hope that they are all feeling justifiably proud! As of the 17th May, there will be no Tues 8pm runs. All former Beginners are very welcome to come along at 8pm on Mondays or 7pm on Tuesdays as Improvers. I am committed to ensuring that you continue enjoying running and that you are able to comfortably progress - don't be scared!

Cows
Second biggest news is that we herded cows bravely off the Itchen Way & back into their field! Thanks to Louise and Lizzy who were fantastic assistants. Helena will be so proud...

Club Future
I'm waiting for some clarifications from Southampton Running Sisters about beginners. I've also sent you all an email with the communication from Pauline Beare to all WRN leaders pasted in - let me know if it's not made its way to you.

Still Running Through Serbia...
We did 128km this week - but even so, Serbia seems to be going on for ever. We're aiming for the Bulgarian border and after that, one of my favourite cities, Istanbul.

The week's runs:
Mon 7pm 6.5km - sorry, no time or calories as GPS has had a problem
Mon 8pm 6.57km - sorry, no time or calories as GPS has had a problem
Tue 7pm 6.01km in 53:09 369 calories
Tue 8pm 3.54km in 30:49 191 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment